Please subscribe to my newsletter: Self-Care For Writers.
Last month was rough. I probably worked at about 60% of my capacity, and it certainly showed in my total April 2018 income earned ($2816), which is just over $2k below my goal of $5k a month. That’s really unfortunate, but I kind of figured it would happen since I had surgery in the middle of the month, had to take a week off, and then things didn’t go as well as I hoped with getting back to work. This month, well… it wasn’t all that much better, to be honest.
How much I made: $4040
I was only two weeks out of surgery by the time that May started. Just as the end of April was tough, most of this month was tough as well. I really wasn’t prepared to spend so much time with physical therapy (even though I probably should have been) or so much mental and emotional energy on recovering after major surgery (but, again, I probably should have been). The big thing that saved me this month, though, is that I had a huge social media project to complete, which added an extra $1k to my income.
Other than that, it was the usual combination of my News Editor gig at 21Ninety (which I started just before my surgery, and thankfully was able to return to normally!), writing for HipLatina, and a new regular contributor gig at Fierce by mitú. Plus I wrote a quick, emotional piece that I am very proud of for Bella Books. All in all, it was a pretty good month despite still only being at like 70% of my overall capacity. Seriously hoping that next month will be EVEN better, though. As they say, little by little…
What was published:
- 25 Things I Want To Say To My 25-Year-Old Self Now That I’m Over 30 [Fierce by mitú]
- Why Brooklyn 99’s Survival Is So Important For Rosa Diaz Fans And Bi Representation On TV [Bella Books]
- 15 Mexican-Owned Restaurants Across the U.S. to Visit on Cinco de Mayo
- Acclaimed Author Junot Díaz Faces #MeToo Allegations
- 10 Tips For Eating Like A Spaniard During Mediterranean Diet Month
- 10 Reasons You Should Travel to Hawaii in 2018
- The Whole World Freaked Out to Childish Gambino’s ‘This Is America’ Video
- Zoe Saldana Is Raising Her Sons in a Gender-Neutral Household And I’m For It
- Daughter Posts Inspirational Message After 59-Year-Old Immigrant Dad Graduates College
- Should You Really Try a Meal Kit Delivery? 6 Pros and 4 Cons to Know
- 15 Memorial Day Dishes to Bring to Any Fiesta
- How to Begin The Conversation About Money When In A Relationship
- 17 Latin Grilling Recipes for a Super Delicious Summer