Quarter 1 of 2020 Writer’s Life
This has probably been the craziest working quarter of my entire life, and I can’t imagine that it’s about to get any easier. I was in my third trimester the entire time, which meant a LOT of sleepless nights due to pregnancy insomnia and a lot of anxiety. And that’s not even to mention the fact that, at almost 37 weeks pregnant, the COVID-19 pandemic hit worldwide. It’s been beyond anything I could have imagined to say the least, but it’s also been a pretty good quarter for my writing and finances.
How much I made: $6,450
For one, the thing I am proudest of is the print feature I did for The Power of Mindfulness titled “To Your Health” about mindful drinking and what can happen if you give it up (even just for a bit). I also did a fun home story, had a Glamour essay read by Jessica Simpson (!!!), got my first byline in Parents, and accomplished a HUGE life goal: I had a piece published in The Washington Post! All in all, it’s been a good quarter. And as it comes to a close, I’m getting ready to give birth to my baby and, well, take the entirety of quarter 2 of 2020 off for some postpartum healing and bonding with my bundle of joy… especially during these unprecedented time. Bring on the baby cuddles! I’m ready.
What was published:
- PRINT: To Your Health [The Power of Mindfulness]
- My Electric Kettle That Looks As Cute As ‘Real’ Stove Kettles [Curbed]
- The Day My Mom Took Me to Rehab [Glamour]
- How I’m Preparing for Postpartum Anxiety as an Already Anxious Person [Parents]
- 23 Best Sex Positions for Women, According to Women [Glamour]
- 10 Quick Weekend Getaways [Shondaland]
- 18 Foods That Increase Fertility When You’re Trying to Get Pregnant [Glamour]
- Masturbation During Pregnancy Is a Thing—I Would Know [Glamour]
- Why I Chose to Announce My Pregnancy at 5 Weeks [SheKnows]
- What losing my pet showed me about the power of grief [CARE.com]
- How To Do the 80/20 Diet [Shondaland]
- Pregnancy Has Amplified My Anxiety Disorder, But I’m Finding Comfort in Nesting [The Washington Post]
- 15 Signs a Relationship Is Getting Serious, According to Women [Glamour]
- 5 Easy Meals to Make With Food Stashed in Your Pantry [Shondaland]
- ‘I’m 39 Weeks Pregnant in the Middle of a Pandemic’ [Glamour]
What was published (The Temper):
- What You Need to Know About Eating Disorder Recovery
- 20 Women in Recovery on How They Healed From an Eating Disorder
- So You Want to Quit Drinking. Now What?
- How to Manage the Super Bowl While Sober
- The Ultimate Guide to Sober Dating, Sex, and Relationships
- Jessica Simpson Opens Up About Her Recovery Journey
- 70 Ways to Have Sober Winter Fun
- 5 Things To Do on Mardi Gras That Don’t Involve Booze
- 35 Lessons We Learned From Experiencing a “Slip”
- 15 Sober Women to Follow on Instagram for Women’s History Month
- The Ultimate Guide to Sober Travel
- 30 Alternatives to Drinking on St. Patrick’s Day
- 13 Online Recovery Meetings & Groups You’ll Want to Check Out
- 21 Women-Led Recovery Podcasts to Listen to When You Need Hope
- The Ultimate Guide to Parenting While Sober
Want more? Follow me on Instagram for fun and updates!
You must be logged in to post a comment.