Please subscribe to my newsletter: Self-Care For Writers. Well, I’m going to start out with the good news first: This month, after several months of planning for it, I finally got my new computer. I’ve been wanting to do this for a while and new that a …
Please subscribe to my newsletter: Self-Care For Writers. Well, what can I say about October 2018? To be honest, it was a super interesting month! Actually, kind of an exciting month because I let go of one low-paying gig (News Editor at 21Ninety) and instead embraced a …
Please subscribe to my newsletter: Self-Care For Writers.
Well, I made it! I made it through a fairly difficult summer full of physical therapy for my recent shoulder surgery and a LOT of home repairs and stress. But I made it! Of course, this month wasn’t all that great for me (financially) but it was full of other happy things. For instance, I got a new job as a regular writer at Simplemost (yay!) and I decided to leave my editor role at 21Ninety (sad, but sometimes moving on is the best thing you can do).
And, most importantly, I moved into my new house last month and spent this month setting it up. I know that may not seem super relevant to my #yearofwriting adventures but the truth is that everything in life can affect your work and, for me, I am happy to be finally settled in my new home so that I can focus on things OTHER than the renovation stress I had last month.
How much I made: $3804
Since last month was my worst earning month of the year, it wasn’t necessarily difficult to beat that this month. Still, I was happy to see the number steadily increase even though I’m still below my monthly earnings goal of $5,000. Just to do the math, though, I wanted to see what the rest of my year might entail and if I have any chance of actually making my yearly goal. So, here we go:
Quarter 3 total: $12,463
Up-to-date total: $38,165
Year-end needs: $21835
Monthly goal: $7278
So, as you can see by the above, I made $38,165 out of the $45,000 that was my goal for the first three quarters of the year. Now, this isn’t ideal, and I am definitely very far behind right now. The way that it all works out is that I have to make just over $2k more every month for the rest of this year in order to make my income goal… And, well, I just don’t know if that’s likely.
But I’m not giving up hope! This month went well for me and next month I am primed to do even better. Maybe I won’t quite hit my goal for the year this year but, well, I’m still going to try!
What was published (by 21Ninety):
- The Life of a Boss Mom with Jazz Smollett-Warwell
- A Thrifting Expert Shares Her Top 5 Tips For Great Shopping
- How Williams Sonoma Executive Anddria Varnado Personalizes Her Style On The Move (And You Can, Too)
- Modern Mom Essentials with Christina Brown of LoveBrownSugar and Pottery Barn Modern Baby
- The Life of a Boss Mom with Kristel David
What was published (by Simplemost):
What was published (by Fierce by mitú):
- 20 Awkward Prom Photos That Will Make You Relive Your Greatest Moments
- 25 Women Talk About How Birth Control Changed Their Lives For The Better And Worse
- My First Time Having Sex Was Just The Way I Planned It, Nothing Special At All
- Ibi Zoboi Takes Down “Insulting Review” Of Her New Afro-Latin YA Novel
- I Have $150k in Debt — Here’s What Financial Experts Told Me To Do