Please subscribe to my newsletter: Self-Care For Writers. Well… Here I am. It’s the end of the year and I need to tell you about how my writing goals and financial goals went for 2018. But first, I want to address something else: I have been feeling …
Please subscribe to my newsletter: Self-Care For Writers. Well, remember how my June was pretty good and my July was even better? August, unfortunately, pales in comparison. In fact, it’s officially one of my worst months of the year — and that’s all because of the house that …
Please subscribe to my newsletter: Self-Care For Writers.
Last month was rough. I probably worked at about 60% of my capacity, and it certainly showed in my total April 2018 income earned ($2816), which is just over $2k below my goal of $5k a month. That’s really unfortunate, but I kind of figured it would happen since I had surgery in the middle of the month, had to take a week off, and then things didn’t go as well as I hoped with getting back to work. This month, well… it wasn’t all that much better, to be honest.
How much I made: $4040
I was only two weeks out of surgery by the time that May started. Just as the end of April was tough, most of this month was tough as well. I really wasn’t prepared to spend so much time with physical therapy (even though I probably should have been) or so much mental and emotional energy on recovering after major surgery (but, again, I probably should have been). The big thing that saved me this month, though, is that I had a huge social media project to complete, which added an extra $1k to my income.
Other than that, it was the usual combination of my News Editor gig at 21Ninety (which I started just before my surgery, and thankfully was able to return to normally!), writing for HipLatina, and a new regular contributor gig at Fierce by mitú. Plus I wrote a quick, emotional piece that I am very proud of for Bella Books. All in all, it was a pretty good month despite still only being at like 70% of my overall capacity. Seriously hoping that next month will be EVEN better, though. As they say, little by little…
What was published:
- 25 Things I Want To Say To My 25-Year-Old Self Now That I’m Over 30 [Fierce by mitú]
- Why Brooklyn 99’s Survival Is So Important For Rosa Diaz Fans And Bi Representation On TV [Bella Books]
- 15 Mexican-Owned Restaurants Across the U.S. to Visit on Cinco de Mayo
- Acclaimed Author Junot Díaz Faces #MeToo Allegations
- 10 Tips For Eating Like A Spaniard During Mediterranean Diet Month
- 10 Reasons You Should Travel to Hawaii in 2018
- The Whole World Freaked Out to Childish Gambino’s ‘This Is America’ Video
- Zoe Saldana Is Raising Her Sons in a Gender-Neutral Household And I’m For It
- Daughter Posts Inspirational Message After 59-Year-Old Immigrant Dad Graduates College
- Should You Really Try a Meal Kit Delivery? 6 Pros and 4 Cons to Know
- 15 Memorial Day Dishes to Bring to Any Fiesta
- How to Begin The Conversation About Money When In A Relationship
- 17 Latin Grilling Recipes for a Super Delicious Summer