Please subscribe to my newsletter: Self-Care For Writers.
Well, how do I want to start talking about Q3 of 2019 in terms of my writing life only to say that it was possibly the most tiring period of my entire life so far. And why? Well… because I am pregnant! Yes, I know this isn’t related to writing but it is actually related to my life and, thus, related to my writing.
Most of all, there is one big thing that I realized this quarter: That you can have all of the best intentions in the world when it comes to writing and deadlines and being the best freelancer you can… But, sometimes, life throws you a big grenade that blows up all of your plans and pretty much forces you to slow down. And that is what I have been having to do, slowly but surely, since getting pregnant again. I’ve been forced, for the first time in my life, to truly slow down my work pace and focus on my life.
How much I made: $4,000
One of the best things about this quarter is that, thanks to the work I did in establishing some good relationships with editors earlier in the year, I mostly had a lot of work coming in thanks to O! The Oprah Magazine and Glamour. That has honestly been a pleasure and an unexpected joy. But, as the first trimester of pregnancy wore on, it became more and more difficult to keep up my regular pace of work and I have slowly had to do less and less. Which has, in all honesty, been a personal disappointment for me. But I’m also trying to be understanding and gentle with myself, so even though I didn’t make as much money this quarter as I hoped to have made, I know it’s for a good reason. I’m growing a human, after all!
What was published:
- How Jennifer Lopez Paved the Way for a Generation of Latinas [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- How Jennifer Lopez Inspired Me to Embrace My Curves [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- Does Putting Neosporin Up Your Nose Keep You From Getting Sick on a Plane? [Glamour]
- How to Make a Long Distance Relationship Work [Glamour]
- Everything We Know About Season 2 of A Million Little Things [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- Here’s When You Can Catch the Next Lunar Eclipse [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- All About Green Frontier (Frontera Verde), Netflix’s New Thriller [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- Before You Get a Tattoo, Ask Yourself These Questions [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- Bad Bunny Is Latin Music’s Rising Star—Here’s What to Know [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- Yes, “Cuffing Season” Is a Real Thing [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- The Best Spanish and Latino Podcasts for Learning—and Laughing [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- Threesome Tips From 13 Real Women Who’ve Had One [Glamour]
- My Husband And I Have A Great Marriage But We Still Go To Couples Therapy. Here’s Why. [HuffPost]
- Laverne Cox Could Become the First Transgender Actress to Win an Emmy [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- 13 Books About Immigration to Read This Hispanic Heritage Month [O! The Oprah Magazine]
What was published (The Temper):
- 25 Tips on Having Your Best Sober Summer Ever
- The ‘Sober Curious’ Movement is Spreading; Say Hello to Sober September
- Why I’m Calling BS on Those Pro-Alcohol “Studies”
- Parenting While Sober
- What is Recovery Month? And Why Is It So Important?
- 100+ Tips for Someone Who Wants to Quit Drinking But is Too Afraid to Try
- 20 Tools to Help You Through Your Recovery Journey