10. A Doctor’s Guide to Being a Pandemic Mama with Dr. Erin Watson
Irina talks with Dr. Erin Watson — aka Dr. Pandemic Mom! She is a family medicine and emergency medicine physician currently working in the ER. She is also a fellow new mom and the author of Pregnancy During A Pandemic, We Can Survive This Together: A Pregnant Doctor’s COVID-19 Survival Guide. They discuss the inspiration behind her book, how she has managed to get exercise outside during the pandemic, and finding joy in the new normal. Plus, the good doctor has some great tips for all of us pandemic mamas as we head into winter.
- If you’re pregnant, make sure to buy the book: Pregnancy During A Pandemic, We Can Survive This Together: A Pregnant Doctor’s COVID-19 Survival Guide.
- Erin talked about the importance of finding ways to relax, such as meditating. She mentioned the Expectful meditation and sleep app, which is specifically designed for fertility, pregnancy, and motherhood.
- Erin’s self-care tip: Read for just 30 minutes every day! Not only is it a great way to relax but it can also boost your brainpower.
- Make sure to follow Erin aka Dr. Pandemic Mom on Instagram!
Join the Pandemic Mama Podcast Facebook group to connect with other parents having babies in 2020 and 2021, follow us on Instagram at @pandemicmamapod for updates, and email your questions to email@example.com.