Quarter 2 of 2019 Writer’s Life [#yearofwriting]
Please subscribe to my newsletter: Self-Care For Writers.
This quarter of my writing life was filled with a lot of ups and downs. In particular, I had a pretty major personal up and then down when I got pregnant and then miscarried in the month of April. That was very disappointing but, at the same time, it somehow filled me with renewed energy and led to one of my favorite essays I’ve ever written. Remember how I like taking difficult topics and turning them into essays? Yeah, this is a prime example of that. Still, it wasn’t easy…
How much I made: $6,575
I made pretty decent money this quarter, and that makes me happy. However, this begins to officially mark the part of the year where my freelance income is going to start looking a little fuzzy since the bulk of my work and money is via The Temper, where I am the new Managing Editor — a job I am absolutely thrilled to have. However, that role isn’t included here since it’s not technically freelance income.
The other thing you will see in this quarter is that I have started to write more for both O! The Oprah Magazine and Glamour, two of my favorites. As we start the latter half of the year, I am excited to see what these two new relationships will bring. Perhaps I will continue to write regularly for them, and that will make me pretty happy to be honest. Of course, with The Temper taking up more of my time, I’m not sure. In the meantime, I am enjoying where I am at… while I continue to heal from my miscarriage because, let’s face it, you can’t just put away personal problems in the face of work (even work you love).
What was published:
- PRINT: Opening Up About Mental Health [HemAware Magazine]
- What Is Chi Energy? Everything You Need to Know About the Ancient Chinese Term [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- What Happens to Your Body When You Give Up Dairy [Domino]
- So, What’s the Deal With CBD Gummies? [Domino]
- 14 Meal Kit Delivery Services That’ll Make Weeknight Dinner Prep Easier [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- At 30, My Gray Area Drinking Problem Spiraled Into Alcoholism—and I Lost My Dream Job [Prevention]
- Best Spots for Espresso in Florence [Fat Tire Tours]
- 15 Porn Sites for Women That You’ll Really, Really Enjoy [Glamour]
- My Miscarriage Made Me Grateful for My Sobriety [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- OK, but Seriously, How Long Does It Take to Get Over a Breakup? [Glamour]
- What It’s Really Like to Cheat and Be Cheated On, According to 10 Women [Glamour]
- Are Llamas the New Unicorns? [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- What Does “Latinx” Mean, Exactly? [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- I’m a Bisexual Woman in a Straight Relationship—and Yes, I Have the Right to Celebrate Pride [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- From Jennifer Lopez’s Marriages to Her Relationships, the Pop Star Has Never Given up on Love [O! The Oprah Magazine]
- I Learned the Hard Way That Weight Loss Surgery Isn’t a Fix — It’s a Tool [Greatist]
What was published (The Temper):
- 26 Powerful Women’s Recovery Memoirs to Inspire Your Own Journey
- Everything You Need to Know About the Harms of Alcohol
- Kit Harington Enters ‘Luxury’ Rehab; Highlights How Most of Us Can’t Afford Quality Treatment
Want more? Check out all of my writing above and subscribe to my newsletter for news and updates, then follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
You must be logged in to post a comment.